The FightCamp Free standing bag comes in two components 1) The Bag Top and 2) the Bag Base. You can fill the base with sand, base gel, or water which will fortify the bag and give it stability.
Sand - The base will hold approximately 350 lbs of sand.
BaseGel -BaseGel is comparable to approximately 400lbs depending on the brand.
Water - The base will hold approximately 250lbs of water.
Sand+Water - The base will hold approximately 450lbs of a combination of sand and water.
We recommended using sand to fill the base for the best workout environment.
Filling your base using sand:
- Using a funnel, funnel the dry sand into your base until it is full. The base holds approximately 350lbs of dry sand.
Filling your base using BaseGel:
- Pour ⅔ of the bag of gel into the bag base.
- Fill the remainder of the base with water, leaving half an inch of room from the top (incase you need to dilute in the future)
- In 3 -5 minutes the gel will absorb the water
(To dilute the BaseGel use half a cup of iodized salt with equal parts water)
Filling your base using water:
- Using a hose or funnel, fill your base with water until it reaches about two inches away from the threaded inlet.
Filling your base using sand+water mixture:
- Using a funnel, fill 3/4 of your base with dry sand.
- Fill the remaining space with water up to two inches from the threaded inlet.
The base can hold up to approximately 450lbs of the sand+water mixture.
Check out this video on tips for filling your FightCamp heavy bag base.